Sunday, May 4, 2014

MY IRRATIONAL ANXIETY MOMENTS!!

Are you one of those people who has spasms of irrational anxiety or AM I THE ONLY ONE ON THIS PLANET????

In school, I had a total freak out melt down one night when I realized that I was supposed to go on a picnic with school friends over the weekend and I didn't know what kind of bread to use for our sandwiches. Do they like white? Wheat? Whole grain? Multi grain? 8 multi grain or 9 multi grain? How many grains sum it to be called as "multi" and how much less is 9 multi from multi grain bread?? Is it even a thing? As if the difference of few grains will turn this whole world upside down!!! Should I buy sweet bread or cheese bread? What's honey oat bread? Do they mix honey in it (I can actually write for hours and hours about bread and still remain confused)? I had no idea and it kept me up the whole night. I ended up buying multi grain stuff and it was completely fine and my anxiety was all for nothing.

But then last evening I had to go to the grocery store to buy milk. And there I was again, confused as usual.1% skimmed or 2 % skimmed? The difference between 2% fat and 1% fat is 1 whole percent!!! Like, that 1% less of fat will give me 1 less of ab to my belly. I just don't get it but still got freaked out. It also didn't help that I forgot which grocery store I was in and I got totally turned around and had a mild panic attack when I thought I was supposed to be by the dairy products section but instead I was over by the toilet paper and I felt personally victimized by the grocery store for confusing me even though it was 100% my fault.

So then I started thinking about other things that make me have irrational panic attacks, and since I'm super nice and generous I'm going to share the list with you.

1. When my phone battery charge dips below 10% and I don't have access to a charger. Or when my phone freezes and I'm convinced it's going to be dead forever and I'm going to lose all my pictures and text conversations.

 

2. When I go to a grocery store and either, I can't find the items I need or somebody else is standing right in front of them. I end up spending hours pretending to be interested in the packages of  groundnuts or something while they finish looking at the different kinds of  corn flakes because you better believe I'm not saying "excuse me" and butting in front of them.



3. When I'm in queue at Mc Donald's and I can't decide if I want to stick with my Mc Aloo Burger and Pepsi or try something different and all of a sudden it's my turn and I haven't decided but there are a bunch of people behind me and I am totally holding everything up.



4. When my landlord tells me that he's going to come over with an electrician this weekend to fix some broken outlets but I haven't had a chance to clean the kitchen. Now I can't and my plans got changed and I wasn't ready for it!! (panic attack!!)




5. Whenever my leg or hand is dangling off the bed someone, or worse, something is going to grab it. Well, if it’s someone they’ll probably slice my legs whereas something such as a demon or entity would aggressively drag me to hell.



6. Any time I see a spider or any crawly or rapidly running insect, only three things come into my mind.... KILL/MURDER/DIE!!!!



7.  This one is related to my 6th point of anxiety. By any chance, if that spider or that bug manages to escape, I worry it’ll come back with several of its friends and attempt revenge.



8. When my mom/dad/brother/close friend/anyone whom I decide to call or text, doesn't text back. I'm sure it's because they are kidnapped or have met an accident or in jail.



9. Half open closet doors. I wait for a hand to slowly come out from there and pull me inside forcefully, like in those horror movies.


10. When looking into mirrors, I always wait for that scary moment when my reflection won’t match up with my body movements.

 

11. Looking out of windows at night. Even the tiniest sliver of curtains that leaves the tiniest amount of window exposed is definitely being looked through by some type of crazy psycho killer who plans to jump inside, slice my hands and legs and do other slasher movie thingy. 

 

12. By closing my eyes in the shower I feel susceptible to all types of monsters/murderers take advantage. I truly believe that the moment my eyes are shut, a bell rings automatically, informing all interested parties of my helplessness. It’s the WORST when I have got shampoo in my hair, dripping down my face but I freak out and risk exposing my eyes to the painful and burning flowy shampoo lather so that I can get a glimpse of my murderer and confirm my safety.



0 comments:

Post a Comment