Friday, August 9, 2013

IGNORANCE IS INDEED, A BLISS!

My friends and family complain that I'm a forgetful and a teeny weeny ignorant person (strange thing for a woman!!). I am not like Aamir Khan in Ghajini but I do forget things. But finally, I learnt that it is good to be ignorant to a certain extent. Whenever I read or hear about something new, no filters start working on my head. I read it as it is written, I hear it as it is told. However, I have learnt that there are people in this world who tend to pass it all through a filter of prejudices and opinions and all they have read in the past, before letting any of that in. They doubt everything. So you see, I can see the goodness in something faster than them. I may sound innocent or naive (you can call me stupid too) here, but if it takes so much work to trust anyone or anything and you have live your life till the end with a suspicious and alert mind, would you ever be completely happy?

I keep hearing people (look closer my friend, you can find them in your huge line of relatives) interpret simple, straightforward words to come up with inner and double meanings. My only reaction is WOW!!! How on earth, do they manage to dig so much into those simple words, I can never ever understand. Wouldn’t it be real tough for people to say every line after injecting a lot of hidden meaning into it? According to me, life is not a drama with heavy dialogues. It is just life – you live, you don’t act. You react, you don’t direct. You are you, not someone else!

But guys, people do it – a lot of people do this. It irritates me to the core. I could be standing in a park, telling how beautiful a violet flower is, and for all you know, someone may think I am trying to look at a man somewhere near the violet flowers – 'cause of course, a woman in this planet, doesn’t simply stand and admire the beauty of flowers.

Here is another one. I may say I've plans to go out next day and my listener may think any one of the following:
“It is to avoid me, from calling her”
“It is to show me she is busy”
“It is to make me jealous that I am doing nothing”
etc etc etc...... (the probable list can go on and on and on!!)
Very few take it as it was said: “She plans to go out next day”


I really hate it when I'm misunderstood. But sadly, that happens a lot. So, I try to be extra cautious when I am with such people and make it all the more worse. For it never works for me when I try to be something. You have to be nice, not try to be nice. 'Cause then you are trying to prove, to please, to convince. It doesn’t work. 

 So guys, try not to be that way and to help you with this, the only advice I will give is be ignorant, naive and probably tell your brain not to overthink (like I do!! hehehe)......

0 comments:

Post a Comment