Friday, August 26, 2011

Crushes....errrr... Marriages

My imaginary friend Mr Timmy and I were watching a movie the other day. Richard Gere was chasing Bruce Willis on a railway track. As always Timmy had a question for me.

“Why don’t they take their guns out?”

As always, I had an explanation.

“I guess they like each other”
Timmy looked satisfied. I was thinking, about Bruce Willis.

“You know Timmy, I might marry Bruce Willis”

“Rini you just said Johnny Depp yesterday. Cant you give a guy a week?”

“ Boy, when I say I have a crush on Mr Good Looking, my sensory powers translate it to I married Mr GL”

“Is there any good in that?”

“Yeah we have established a relationship you see!”

“I repeat. What’s the good in that?”

“I will tell you what’s good about it Timmy. When I go to a place and see a house he owns I’d say ‘He’s giving this one to me’”

“That makes some sense”

“It does. So every other street I walk on, I will have another house waiting to be mine”

“Cool! So you get a crush when you know a guy is rich?”

“Of course not! You don’t marry a guy for his money. You marry him for his short hair, clean eyes and cause he lets you in the front door when his Mom’s still there”

“Attractive. So money doesn’t matter”

“It does for divorces”

“You divorce someone when he is penniless”

“That’s inhuman Timmy! But you don’t divorce someone when he is growin' money trees in his backyard cause he ran out of space in his front garden”

“Amazing Rini! You happen to know any female imaginary pals in the neighborhood?”

“Let’s look around Timmy boy”

“I want her to be sensible, hate her real-life pal and make fun of him”

“ You won’t find another one like you around!”

“I know; that’s why I remain a fancy pal. I am too good to be real”

I didn’t say anything. I decided that when it came to creating fancy pals who thought the world about you, I was a total failure. Timmy seemed to think the inferno about me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment