Sunday, August 17, 2014

SOCIAL MEDIA: HATE ME IF YOU CAN!!!

With every passing day, I'm starting to dislike Google and social media. It was really good during school and college days. How could anyone possibly think of even doing their projects without adding the main ingredient, namely, Google.

But frankly, I do not like Google or any search engine for that matter, anymore. And I don't like Facebook too nowadays. it's the main culprit for making my life more complicated. I can't ask my friends anything anymore.

"Hey ABC, Did you like the latest bolly flick, Singham Returns?"
"Check my Fb status."

"Hey XYZ, Which state are you supporting in the kabbaddi league?"
'Darn Rini, check my tweet.. And yeah, retweet."

"Hi PQR, how was your vacation in Goa?"
"I have uploaded pics on fb"

"Hey LMN, what was the meaning of the word you mentioned the other day on whatsapp?"
"Google it yaar."

Well yeah, Google is awesome when someone tells you something so obvious that everyone else seems to know about it, and you secretly Google later, without admitting what an ignorant fool you are.

 And yes Google is super cool, when you are chatting with someone online and they talk about something completely alien to you, and you could go and Google in a new window, and come back to chat feeling like Einstein. 

Yes, it has its pros. But I miss that good old on-the-face stuff, even if it be “Don’t you even know that??” or “Where were you when this was taught at school?” 

Now they hush you off to references, even if it be about their own life. Now I'm in that fear zone where I am expecting replies like “Why would you ask me how are you, didn’t you see my daily morning status?”

Or maybe I will go surprise a friend and say “guess who?” and in turn reply would be “wait, let me take your picture and check among my Facebook friends.” And worse, come back saying “Nope you are not there, you better add me first 'cause I don’t talk to (Facebook) strangers.” 

I'm not exaggerating, merely sharing experiences. Admit it, people have already stopped talking to you 'cause you didn’t ‘like’ their new profile picture. Or comment about their cover photo.

And remember your childhood times when you had a small party and forgot to invite some friend or another, and could hide it all up later? Nope pals, that's not happening anymore 'cause some super brainy would happily post it online and caption it “fun times!”

 But frankly, this is not my problem at all. All I want is for my friends to reply to me when I talk to them, without sending me off to the internet for my answers.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You dont need to cgeck my fb status for my opinion on d blog...
Nice Randumb thoughts...keep it coming...

Post a Comment