Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SINGING INSIDE A LIFT.......

I don't know if anyone has noticed yet but when i am inside a lift alone, i start to hum... and that humming turns into singing, depending on my destination floor...  So, one day, I was on a lift, I started to compose a poem.. 

“I dunno how, I dunno why, 
last Sunday you told me 
about a new hair dye.. 
but all that I can see…” I sang.

“Is just a small yellow black bee,” chipped in, my imaginary pal Timmy. We went on a chorus: 

“I am turning my head from left to right
I am turna turna turna turning it round, 
and all that I can see… 
is just another small yellow black bee.”

“That wasn’t too bad was it?”
“Absolutely not. Absolutely nothing”
“Uh ah… the song is quite soothing..” – in singing mode again. “Absolutely nothing,” Timmy sang.

“What would I do without you Timmy?”
“Very little Miss Rini, very little.”

It was our floor. I knew there was something odd as soon as I stepped out. Everyone were staring at me. Some of their faces looked familiar. Finally I reached a room where I saw Anil Kapoor. Ouch! I was on a shooting location, interrupting a scene. I ran back to the lift. 

“Oh no oh no oh shit shit shit”
“Rini, you are using the s-word.”
“Shut up Timmy. Aww gee that was so embarrassing. Do you think they will arrest me?”
“For being in a shooting location? Nahhh. Well it is a sort of trespass and considering that they took a whole floor for this very purpose… maybe they will give you a fine… hmm Rini, I think they will arrest you”
“Forget I asked”

The lift opened, the security caught me and took me right back up.This was it, I was going to be put in jail. “But I didn’t do anything wrong. There was no board saying no entry,” I was nervous.

When the lift opened director Yash Chopra was waiting. “Yash Chopra,” I hissed.

“Glad you recognized. Would you please step in?”
 “Listen Mr Yash ji, I had no idea. Look I am sorry alright, but you can’t really hold me up like this. I am just a college student!”
 “We were towards the end of a long scene when you interrupted. So we will have to do the whole scene again or explain your presence.”
“Oh. Does that mean I should pay a fine? I know the rules!” I blurted out. I looked at Timmy for support. The coward was hiding behind me.

At this point Mr.Kapoor joined and I reddened.

“Young girl…” he began.
“I am not a girl”. I sighed turning to Timmy. Timmy smirked.
“It is a big menace shooting the whole thing again”
“But you can’t arrest me for that!”
“Would you mind if we keep the scene that way?”

I reflected. Cool, finally my big chance to “act”. “No I wouldn’t. Wait let me think (had to play hard to get). Yeah it should be fine.”
“It should be, considering the skills we observed in surveillance camera when you were inside that lift.”

At this point I woke up. Actually I woke up a long time ago. And willfully daydreamed from where I stopped.Timmy is still smirking, idiot.. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment